Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"I Wanna Go" To Be Britney Spears' Next Single


Britney Spears earned herself chart toppers on the albums and singles chart this year and with the top three success of "Till The World Ends," Jive Records has lined up the official third single from Femme Fatale. The dance-pop record "I Wanna Go" has been chosen, a song very similar to the previous electrodance tracks that have received the single treatment thus far.

Although I enjoy the track, it would be nice to see a bit more variation with the single choices. Every preceding album of Britney's had substantial variation with the song choices (e.g. "Circus" and "Womanizer" from Circus and "Me Against the Music" and "Toxic" from In The Zone were all sonically and thematically different songs). This song just seems like an extention of all the other party songs released from the album. I think "He About To Lose Me" would have been the best choice considering the song is very current and not as overproduced as some of her songs on her new album. The downside is that the song was included on the deluxe version of the album only (a decision I have yet to understand).

Listen to the "I Wanna Go" and "He About To Lose Me" below. Which one is better?

"I Wanna Go" by Britney Spears


"He About to Lose Me" by Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment