Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lil Kim Versus Nicki Min... I mean Keyshia Cole?


Lil Kim has stretched this Nicki Minaj feud so far it now seems to include anyone who has ever had even the slightest fleeting acquaintance with the Young Money emcee. Now Keyshia Cole has entered the Kim's vindictive beam after she clarified her lack of frienship with Lil Kim, although acknowledging good music they made together. As you may recall, Cole and Kim worked together on the hit record "Let It Go," which is Cole's biggest hit to date as the song reached top 5 on the Hot 100. Here's what she had to say (or tweet):





 

This tweet started an avalanche of tweets from Lil Kim, all of which were nothing too disrespectful but nonetheless making headlines in the Tweet-osphere. Here's what Kim had to say in a series of tweets:

"You got that right. We are not friends. The same way you take friendship seriously I take loyalty serious. The whole world has seen me extend my hand to you over and over again. Only someone who’s trying to build a sincere relationship does shows for free and supports. You did not pay me a dime for none of that. That warrants some type of loyalty and respect. Friend or no friend, I would have never let anybody disrespect you on my record but I can’t expect everyone to be as real as I am.
At the end of the day karma is as real as I am and it’s coming to get you. oh wait…if it hasn’t got you already… My love and loyalty to you got you a hit, your friendship with your friend got u a flop.
Looks like you need to choose your friends more wisely don’t you think? Loyalty and respect has nothing to do with friendship. Loyalty and respect is about returning a kindness. Have you ever came out and supported me at my shows? I don’t think so.” - Lil Kim

In response, Cole tweeted:

“Kim that was a great look for [you] coming out of jail just as it was a great look for Missy to have produced it. All I’m saying is don’t have everyone thinking I was disloyal as a “friend” cause we were never that and you know it. No disrespect.” - Keyshia Cole

Kim tweeted back, “Yes it was a good look for me but it was a great look for you. At the end of the day it was a hit on YOUR album. Sticking to the situation. Again I would have never let anyone disrespect you on my song. That’s loyalty and respect. End of story.”

The Lil Kim-(insert name here) feuds are getting a bit stale and rekindling the sparks are pointless. Exactly why Keyshia chose to address this now is strange, but it is her right to express herself regarding this situation whenever she chooses. Oh, the drama...

No comments:

Post a Comment