Saturday, January 22, 2011

Monica Is Loving Her "New Life"


Monica has returned to the studio to work on a new album with quite the apropos title. After revealing her marriage to Los Angeles Lakers star Shannon Brown last week, the singer has unveiled some new details about her upcoming 7th studio album.



On twitter, the Atlanta-native wrote, "Can't wait until you guys hear New Life. THis album speaks volumes about my WHOE life. Hurt, happiness, pain, love, joy, my kids & redemption." The R&B crooner has been riding high with the success of her most recent LP, which had the best opening sales week of the singer's career along with the R&B number one hit "Everything to Me."

She adds, "The pain I've experienced makes me appreciate the love I have. So 2nite we taking it back. I'm singing about heartbreak on a mid tempo. Luv it."

Where Monica's vocals sound the best is along a mid-tempo, soulful beat, where she her unfettered belting can blossom into a tear-jerking experience. While I love some of her mainstream hits, her musical niche has always been in the soul arena of contemporary R&B, and that's all I can hope for on this new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment