Monday, January 31, 2011

Raekwon: "RZA Is Not On The Album"


It seemed a little unusual for a Raekwon album to be missing a collaboration with one of the biggest Wu-Tang emcees, but that appeared to be the case when the track list of Shaolin vs. Wu-Tang had no mention of a RZA track. Now Raekwon has confirmed that RZA will not appear on the album, citing RZA's scheduling conflicts and hardcore allegiance to Wu-Tang as reasons for his absence.

"RZA is not on the album," Raekwon said. "Being that he's so die hard Wu-Tang, anything that sounds like it's going at Wu-Tang wasn't really up his alley."Although the rapper said he would have loved for the album to feature a collaboration with the fellow Wu member, he quickly dismissed rumors of feuding between the two.

"He's doing his movie thing right now, he's happy with that, and for me I'm just gonna keep the legacy alive. I think I'm a skillful artist that understands how to do things, so it wasn't really a headache to not have him [involved]. He did things for me on Cuban Linx II which I'm very grateful for, but I didn't want to get him to start dealing with [this album] because I knew that at the end of the day he wasn't fond about it. I ain't mad at him."

It is a bit unusual to not have RZA on a Raekwon project but it does seem shrewd to not force a collaboration between the two if RZA is not exactly supportive of the project. The quality of the track and the album would likely be compromised by forcing RZA to work on it. The album will be released March 8, and even without RZA, my excitement is very much there.

No comments:

Post a Comment