Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Soulja Boy Dissed over "Whip My Hair" Songwriting Controversy


Don't mess with Ronald Jackson. Although the songwriter is up and coming, he has taken immediate measures to respond to doubts about who wrote Willow Smith's hit record "Whip My Hair." After Soulja Boy tweeted last week that he was receiving royalties from songwriting credits from breakout hit, one of its writers has decided to not-so-politely set the record straight. 

Jackson, who goes by the stage name "Jukebox," wrote the song for the 10 year-old and has now decided to confront allegations that Soulja had written the track. In the diss track, Jukebox raps, "Soulja Boy say he ghostwrote it 'cause right he wasn't there," over the signature beat of the hit record. He goes on to say, "Niggaz ain't trying to work unless you giving them some publishing," taking shots at the claims of Soulja Boy's tweets.


The tweets, which read "YES ITS TRUE I WROTE 'WHIP MY HAIR' FOR WILLOW," and "THAT'S WHY SHE SAYS HOP OUT THE BED TURN MY SWAG ON. WE GETTING $$$ 2011 NO GAMES," were rebutted by Jukebox's tweets, "Soulja wrote whip my hair??..and waka flaka wrote 'thriller' right? lol," and "My house must be POPPIN! cuz i had NO IDEA soulja was in my house when I did that song! #invisibleswag??" But it appears these tweets were just the prelude to what he had to say.

The songwriting issue comes from the first lines of the song, which read, "Hop up out the bed, turn my swag on," which come from the chorus of Soulja Boy's "Turn My Swag On." Let's see if this disagreement is carried any further.

Take a listen to the diss track below:

No comments:

Post a Comment