Sunday, January 16, 2011

Willow Smith's Vanity Fair Photoshoot!



She's had one of the catchiest breakout hits of 2010 and now Willow Smith will be featured in the February issue of Vanity Fair magazine. Sporting wacky but age appropriate couture, the 10-year-old's Art Streiber photographed shoot features swooping bangs, frazzled platinum blonde hair extensions, and a denim tank-top over a yellow tee while jamming out to her ipod, which I might suspect is playing "Whip My Hair."

Check out the photos and a behind the scenes video below:

During her interview with the magazine, Willow explained how she is enjoying her new label Roc Nation and Jay-Z, who owns the label.

“It is very cool, because Jay really welcomes me and makes me feel like the record label is a place where I can have fun and talk about my career," she said. "He and his people make me feel like I’m a part of something." Willow, whose debut album is expected to see a release in an increasingly crowded March, is enthusiastic about her career and wants to keep working hard to keep her dream alive.

The singer also added her love for her label head's famous wife, BeyoncĂ©. "And I love BeyoncĂ© — she’s awesome!”

It is astounding that a girl of the tender age of ten can have such confidence and come across with such emotion in her photos. Furthermore, she speaks remarkably eloquent for a fourth grader. However, some have questioned how the impact of show business for such a young girl might affect her, and while those concerns are certainly legitimate, she comes across as very motivated, mature, and astute and her family remains very involved in her career. Plus, her talent is undeniable and she's an entertainer than can attract people from different age groups. I have a feeling 2011 is going to be a very big year for the little star.




VIDEO: Behind the scenes of the photoshoot and "Whip My Hair [Remix]"

1 comment: