Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Critics Love Them Some Kanye!


Kanye West's My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy received rave reviews when released and now it appears the album has won the Pazz and Jop music critics' poll by a record margin. With a 33.1 percent margin of victory, 'Ye's album has easily taken the top spot for 2010 and as if that was not enough, he has dominated the top 10 songs of 2010 by occupying three spots with his music.


The top 10 songs include the number 4, 5, and 6 positions with Fantasy tracks "Runaway," "Power," and "Monster, " respectively. The top track on the songs' chart was Cee-Lo Green's "F*** You," while number two was Janelle Monae's "Tightrope" and three was Robyn's "Dancing On My Own." However, the three Kanye tracks combined easily brings his total above Green's top placing track.

Although West's album was certainly one of the best of 2010, and I am a fan of all three tracks that placed in the top 10, I wouldn't necessarily say all of them were the best tracks of 2010. "Power" and "Monster" easily qualify because of their originality, lyrics, and amazing production. However, while "Runaway" did make my list of best hip hop songs of 2010, I am not sure it deserves top ten songs of the year. Regardless, it does make bring a smile to my face for Kanye to return to form.

No comments:

Post a Comment